This short video tutorial shows how to assemble the DIY testing kit from scratch. The kit assembly is very simple, but the first time you try, it may be a little tricky.
We suggest you play this video a number of times while you build it for the first time (tip: you can pause the video at each step).
There are 5 main steps in the construction:
(these links will bring you to each step in the video tutorial)
- Pick a Meccano strip that fits the width of the mobile device you are testing.
- Attach the two strips to the trunions with the nuts on the outside.
- Attach an 11 hole strip, to the back of the cross strips, with the nuts on the outside.
- Attach the camera to the top of the 11-hole strip, with the jubilee clip.
- Cover the inside of each trunion with a bit of blu-tac.
- Plug the USB extension cable to the camera.
- Start testing! 🙂